Natl. Lead Poisoning Prevention Week: Mon. Oct. 23: "OAKLEAD" Filmmaker Alex J. Bledsoe Websession
Alex J. Bledsoe is a writer, filmmaker and communication strategist based in Oakland, whose work focuses on advocacy for vulnerable populations. Visit Oaklead.com
"OAKLEAD", a forthcoming documentary, explores the history of lead poisoning in Oakland, investigating the correlation between socioeconomic status and access to equitable housing and healthcare. The film highlights the history of "legacy lead", methods of exposure, stories of affected families, and efforts to eradicate contamination.
Q/A from audience about the film, lead poisoning in Oakland, solutions, strategies, and ideas for action to bring an end to lead poisoning.
Alex, Larry & Stephanie
Call to Action & Follow Ups
• Join monthly GTLO Coalition bring more people and resources to bare
• Join GTLO Coalition Lead Prevention Week Lunch Web sessions & bring more people
• Tues., Oct. 24, 12-1pm "Children’s lead exposure is 100% preventable"
• Wed., Oct. 25, 12-1pm "Make sure your family is safe from Lead, bring in the professionals"
• Thurs., Oct. 26, 12-1pm "Children need to be tested for lead at 1-year and 2-year Well Child visits"
• Fri., Oct. 27, 12-1pm "Call local Lead Prevention Program for education and home assessment for lead hazards"
GoTo Meeting Session Info:
Get the Lead Out Coalition: Lead is harmful to kids’ brains and their learning potential
Mon, Oct 23, 2017 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM PDT
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3122
Access Code: 476-998-733
First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check